Monday, September 20, 2010

hire me, PLEASE

I never would have imagined, as a bright-eyed (kind of, when I had some coffee) and bushy-tailed (what does this even mean?) college undergrad, that, 8 years after graduating I'd STILL be unmarried and newly unemployed. I mean, that's just not the kind of bright and happy future a college student envisions for herself, you know? But one B.A. and M.S. later, with another M.A. on its way, I'm nowhere closer to that M.R.S. Damn.

So I've been set up nearly 20 times by well-meaning friends, family members, and people who have no idea who I am but know me through that oddly-connected-Korean-Christian circle. As a dutiful and obedient Korean daughter (hehe, they wish), I'm still allowing myself to be set up. When I think back on some of those dates (so-gae-tings, if you will), they were downright farcical.

I have to admit, one of the reasons I want that ring on my finger is so I'll NEVER HAVE TO DATE ANOTHER STRANGER AGAIN. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound too different from what I went through, heh. :) Well-meaning friends and family would set me up with so-and-so's son, etc. It's like they have this notion that girls have to be married off as soon as they finish school.

    ReplyDelete